071.October 22

Nottingham, UK

I had class at 09:00. I came home with Stacey. I had gotten pictures in the mail from Rhonda. I looked at them, ate, and played cards while listening to all of my Gordon Lightfoot CD's. Then I washed off the chairs in the dining hall while talking to whoever was in there.

The Faldets brought soup over for us because they didn't want us to infect their house with germs. Then I played UNO with Lisa, Jana, and Karl. I could have gone to an English Society Party, but we went out to get a movie, "Babbet's Feast." I was still feeling sick from the Fresher's Flu, so it was probably best for me. We watched the movie and drank cider. It was an excellent movie. It was in Danish, very close to Norwegian. Then we slept.


I thought you might appreciate this ariel scene. Despite my present state of disease (a flu has gone around to everyone at the University), I am adjusting to my classes well. I feel I am learning more in this system. Plus, everything moves much faster. Perhaps these are my first real advanced level classes as well. Every experience is so big and new. This is great.

Nottingham seems a little more dangerous now than it did when I first arrived. A man offered drugs to me on my way home one night. Otherwise, the news sometimes reports an assault or two. I think it is much safer than the US.

I bought a big warmer black lined hooded german military jacket that should keep me very warm the rest of the year. We went to Dover, where we could see France's shore. The castle was so huge and wonderful. Every experience is so big and new. This is great. Thanks.



New York LaGuardia, NY , US (LGA)


Rochester Mcpl, MN , US (RST)


Tue, Oct 22, 2013

06:05 pm - 09:30 pm (1 Stop)

I don't know who I am tonight, where I've been. I look through pictures of my life...Its all so edited by life's changes. The little bits I've left myself to rummage through aren't enough to bring pleasure just by remembering. I want to live those places again, but in the context of my current life. I've done so much travelling by myself, because those that were there then are now so far removed as to seem dead. I wish to have a funeral for my life before, to give it up or embrace those who are still among us.


Fruita, Colorado

I played some horror movie over coffee at our Air BNB until Rachel told me no more. We checked out and went to breakfast at the fabulous "Camilla's Cafe" Their mexican touches were wonderful, and everything was great. However, it was Rachel's poblano peppers and chile rellano's that were the best. We headed back to the National Monument from the other side, and stopped everyone on this side of the place we stopped last night. I'll tell more later, but we had a fantastic time. However, we knew we would have nearly a 5 hour drive to get back to Salt Lake City to the Inn on the Hill to stay tonight. It was comforting to be going back to where we had already stayed, and it would be a new room, so it would be very interesting as well. On Interstate Hwy 70 we stopped at every roadside marker, and it was very entertaining and well worth it. I'm so glad we took that way this time.


Zurich, Switzerland